Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions, and independent advisory services to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyse, gain market insight and recognise value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Reporting to the Technical Product Manager, we need a Business Analyst to join our Altus Analytics team and work on an essential internal client product. Someone who can focus on analyzing data, reporting and workflow management. This is an opportunity for a BA to gain direct experience working closely with Development and Product Management, owning and driving the development of features.
Who you are - and how you can grow your career here
You are an Analyst or a Consultant with experience translating requirements into specifications for a B2B software company, ideally within the CRE or Financial industry. You have a passion for bridging the needs of users with the functions of technology. You are excited to own and drive features across both the reporting and workflow tools. You want to join a rapidly scaling company where you can gain exposure and expertise to new technologies and grow into a senior BA working on external-facing products or move into technical product management.
What you will do
- Start conversations and probe for details. You can efficiently elicit and validate requirements.
- Design solutions. You can produce functional and non-functional specification documentation incorporating text, mock-ups and wireframes for any and every level of audience.
- Analyse. You can gather relevant data, perform an analysis based on specifications and create reports for the product and development teams.
- Create. You can piece together logical workflows based on user information, requirements and your understanding of both the processes and the technology.
- Drive. You investigate issues thoroughly and create practical solutions that solve problems and open up new opportunities. You are always looking for ways to improve processes, and you always ensure your communications have been received and are clearly understood.
- Collaborate. You enjoy working with other BAs and across departments as part of a product team.
- Own it. You take pride in ensuring that the product delivers real value to our internal customers and satisfies all criteria. You want to take responsibility for large and complex projects with minimal supervision.
What we are looking for
- The right combination of education and experience. You have a technical or finance university degree. You have experience working as an Analyst or Consultant on internal or external software development projects.
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyse various approaches and processes instantly. You have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity for your development team and you enjoy the detailed nature of report documentation.
- A balance of technical understanding and people-facing skills. You understand and are interested in business process modelling notation. You can define and understand the benefits and the limitations of a system. You are able to document the functional and the technical requirements of an end user.
- Empathy. You can put yourself in the shoes of an end-user or co-worker and take the necessary steps to enable their success.
- Ambition. You meet the challenges of the day with energy, enthusiasm and drive.
- A genuine interest in new tools and technology. You learn new software quickly without documentation or handholding.
- A team oriented personality. Your commitment and focus influences those around you to do better. You gain satisfaction when the team wins.
- An outstanding communication style. You have a way of speaking to people on any level, so they understand even the most complicated presentation. You know how to leverage communication tools and methodologies.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realise their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to spend time doing some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.