Who we are
Altus Analytics, a business of Altus Group, is the leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and is poised for significant growth and expansion over the next three years.
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS and Voyanta as the leading provider of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empower CRE clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimise transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organisations and different data, we can bring it all together.
Our tech, our stack.
Voyanta is a revolutionary software platform that gives real estate investors and lenders effective tools to capture, validate and analyse commercial real estate information.
We are looking for a Lead Automation Developer to collaborate across teams and develop automation across all areas of the system including financial reports, database, Web UI and Excel integration. We need a Developer who wants to set the standards of coding for the team and be part of the move towards increased automation.
Who you are
You are a developer with a deep and broad range of coding skills and an interest in creating the best user experience. Someone with Java expertise, strengths in OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts and an understanding of POM (Page Object Mode) in Selenium. Ideally, you have exposure to - or interest in - BDD (Behaviour Driven Development).
What’s in it for you and how will you grow at Altus Analytics?
This is an opportunity to drive the direction of the Automation team and extend the existing automation of a global platform. A chance to mentor automation engineers in London and in India.
As you grow with our team and influence the practices we follow and the impact we make; there is the potential to increase your impact by extending your lead role beyond just the Voyanta product.
If you want to step up to a senior role to work side-by-side with on-site and off-site automation testers - and improve the automation testing processes, this is the Lead Automation Tester opportunity to consider.
Here’s what our Lead Automation Developer will do:
- Set the standard. Demonstrate your expertise and knowledge of solid design principles and proper automation framework design by working side-by-side with the team, setting the standard and leading the way to how it should be done.
- Voice an opinion. Present logical arguments for and against automation processes in place, automation tools, automation tasks.
- Maintain and develop the existing automated test framework, ensuring that it is stable and reliable.
- Manage the nightly automated test build.
- Co-ordinate the automation tests tasks within the team, including code management, set best practices and review.
- Work with other members of the QA Team to develop automation across all areas of the system including financial reports, database, Web UI and Excel integration.
- Provide support and training in automation to QA team members.
- Coordinate automation test tasks within the team, including code management and review.
- Actively participate in weekly meetings; set and meet weekly sprint deliverables.
- Work alongside the development team and product management team to resolve all issues as efficiently as possible.
- Raise bugs and errors and communicate with developers to determine resolution.
- Work with product team for clarification on requirements and functionality.
- Conduct research, suggest solutions, and generally do whatever it takes.
Who are you?
- A Developer or QA Lead looking for a step up. You want to lead - and build - the process, mentor the team, and continue to work side-by-side doing hands-on testing.
- A Computer Science grad. You know how to approach testing in a Java environment with SQL databases using our essential tools:
- Cucumber / Gherkin
- Selenium Webdriver
- Java fundamentals (Including JDBC, RESTful API, Apache POI)
- Well-rounded. You have exposure to multiple products and tools. You have a range of experience implementing and maintaining an automation testing framework and you are able to offer guidance and advice based on deep knowledge of automation testing techniques and tools.
- Not intimidated by large data sets. Our system is a very large data management system. You have experience working with data centric applications systems and you are comfortable with MySQL (or similar technologies).
- A research geek. You enjoy researching new methodologies and clearly presenting reasoning for alternate technologies or processes.
- Methodical, analytical, and detail oriented. You are a logical thinker; yet you are incredibly adept at thinking of all possible answers. You love the meticulous nature of going through every aspect of a product, every line of code, to ensure we are only releasing the best.
- An outstanding communicator. You have superior communication skills. You are concise, on point, and effective. You know how to listen and how to be heard. You are able to communicate both user requirements and technical details clearly across the team.
- An innovative problem-solver. You are flexible, but process-focused and you know how to balance urgency with long-term payoff. You are on a continuous search for improvements. You are never in a panic but you know how to get work done quickly, and accurately. Integrity of test results is your priority.
- A self starter. You are a fast learner who can come up to speed quickly on our solutions and processes. You have initiative to establish practices to build a high quality automation team.
Ideally familiar with:
- Testing API’s (We use: Runscope / Postman)
- XML / JSON
- Jmeter (Performance testing – Query loading times, Load testing micro service architecture)
- Jenkins – Continuous integration
- YAML (Used for building Jenkins jobs from ansible)
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (Shell commands to navigate logs)
Why join us now?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to spend time doing some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.